TFL’s Take: Seeing how well our Chevy Cheyenne did at auction, the seller has put this GMC K1500 version up for auction as well. Even better than our Chevy, this GMC has considerably less miles, the bigger and more desirable 5.7L V8 and Z71 off-road package, and has been repainted to boot. Seeing how strong GM trucks from this era are running, this truck should be good to go for another 100,000 miles at least. In our No Payment Needed Cheap Truck Series, our Chevy proved capable of anything we threw at it. This GMC should be even more capable.
- This is a 1997 GMC Sierra K1500 SLE Extended Cab two-door pickup with rear suicide doors in Summit White with Navy cloth interior.
- The truck is being presented for auction with a clean title and no liens against it.
The seller claims he is the second owner and reports that it was painted “due to a problem with the top coat not sticking to the primer.” The AutoCheck report shows that the truck has been registered in Colorado its whole life, shows no accidents, passed emissions in 2019, and comes with an above average score for a truck of this era.
- 1st owner repainted truck due to topcoat issues. Paint job gets a “B grade, with some orange peel texture mostly noticed under the windows.”
- Dents: 2 dime-sized dents in lower part of passenger door; small dent on lower passenger side suicide door; two small dents on tailgate.
- Tool box
- Vinyl tonneau cover modified to fit over the tool box
- GMC plastic bedliner
- Front grill is plasti-dipped black (original color was white)
- Driver’s side door handle is crack but operates with no issues
- 285/75 R16 Pathfinder AT tires, approx. 3 years old with 25,000 miles on them
- 7-pin wiring harness for towing
- Hitch receiver
- Windshield replaced May 2021
- Power windows
- Power locks
- Sliding rear window.
- 2 keys and 2 key fobs (one fob has a dead battery and will need to be replaced)
- Keyless entry
- Aftermarket CD/radio with Bluetooth connectivity
- Known issue: Driver’s sun visor has a weak spring and is secured in place with Velcro
- Air conditioning
- 255hp Vortec 5.7L V8
- 4-speed automatic transmission w/ overdrive
- 3.73 Rear axle ratio
- max tow rating/tongue weight: 5,000 lbs./500 lbs.
- Z71 off-road package
- Insta-Trac 4×4 transfer case
- Four-wheel antilock brakes
- 25 gallon fuel tank
- EPA mpg (when new): 13 city/17 hwy
- Heavy-duty transmission oil cooler
- No visible oil leaks
- 2016 replaced fuel filler, spark plugs, and added K&N air filter
- Sept. 2019 replaced battery
- Summer 2020 replaced front brakes