TFL’s Take: This Cherokee XJ comes with the desirable 5-speed manual transmission and legendary 4.0-liter engine. Yes, it’s got a lot of miles, but has been rebuilt in terms of the engine, transmission, and suspension, and for an Illinois truck, the lack of body rust is amazing. Call it a reborn Jeep that’s ready for another decade or more of adventures. XJ’s are holding their value now (fully stock ones are increasing in value), which should make this one a solid investment.
- For auction, a modified 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport XJ 4×4 four-door with Forest Green exterior and Agate gray interior with gray cloth seats. There are 173,272 miles on the odometer but only 21,000 miles on the rebuilt engine and transmission.
- This Jeep has a clean title with no bank loans or liens against the vehicle
AutoCheck report shows no accidents or damage and a registration history in Chicago and Illinois up until 2017-2019, when the Jeep was registered in Indiana. It is currently registered in Illinois. Seller is selling because the nearest off-road area recently closed to vehicles and he can’t enjoy it as much as he’d like. Seller has full documentation of all the rebuild and upgrade work done to the Jeep.
- New Rockford Fosgate speakers.
- Quadratec all weather floor and cargo mats
- Seat protectors, front and rear, included
- 5 passenger seating
- Cruise control
- Quick-connect winch connector
- Front AND rear 2” receiver hitch (7-pin connector on rear)
- Bushwhacker flat fender flares
- Roof rack with spare tire mount
- New 31” Toyo Open Countries (5 total) 31×10.5R15LT
- New Quadratec Baja 2 15-inch wheels (5 total)
- Napier products hood vents installed, eliminating the common heat soak full injector issue.
- Fluid film protected
- Slight trial scratches on paint from 2 trips to local off-road park (before it closed to vehicles)
- New windshield
- New headlight assemblies
- Fuel tank: 20 gallons
- Factory skidplates removed, but included.
- New Jasper rebuilt 4.0 inline 6-cylinder Jeep Engine
- Upgraded K Suspension Coil system and new 4 port Bosch high performance fuel injectors
- New AX-15 5 speed transmission, fly wheel and heavy-duty Luk clutch
- 4Hi/4Lo transfer case
- New exhaust system from engine manifold back with new cats and O2 sensors, cat back Banks Monster system
- New suspension system, heavy duty coils and leaf springs, Bilstein shocks on all four corners resulting in about a 1” lift over factory height
- New radiator
- New starter
- New alternator
- New steering linkage, steering stabilizer, steering gear box and alignment
- New cross drilled and slotted front brake rotors and pads, new rear drums, shoes and drum kit.
- New Tom Woods driveshafts and u-joints, front and rear
- New axle bearings, new front axle u joints
- Detroit true track limited slip, front AND rear, 3.55 Dana 30 front, Dana 35 rear
- New Novak conversions transfer case linkage
- New fuel pump
- Most recent service: Oil change (Rotella 10w-30), oil filter and tire rotation at 172,000 miles.
- Towing capactiy: 5,000 lbs.
- Observed fuel economy 15 city/19 hwy